ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752415 Members
6138 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 2.50 Windows Server 2016 STD Core "Windows not Supported"

A80
Frequent Visitor

Intelligent Provisioning 2.50 Windows Server 2016 STD Core "Windows not Supported"

I am trying to install Windows Server 2016 STD Core on HP ML350 G9 Server through Intelligent Provisioning . I am getting an error that "windows not supported".

I also tried to Install windows Server 2016 through Intelligent provisioning 2.60 and I suceeded installing it but without a Desktop version (GUI).

Is there any solution to install Windows Server 2016 STD Core with Desktop Version through Intelligent provsioning?

5 REPLIES 5
dinkudis

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 2.50 Windows Server 2016 STD Core "Windows not Supported"

Hi,

Try to update Intelligent Provisioning to latest version (2.61) -> http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_77b94511492441a08eb272ed27#tab-history

It should work after update. 

br,

A80
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dinkudis,

I tried with the updated Intelligent provisiong version 2.61 but still no progress. I always select customize installation but it starts installing windows in CMD. I don't get a selection option in which we usually select Desktop Version of Windows Server 2016.. Why is the installation continuing in CMD by default? Is there any way to change it?

Thank You.

A80
Frequent Visitor

Any Siggestions please

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Talking to one of my Windows contacts, some relases of 2016 only offer core.  If you boot the OS media without IP, do you have the option to install a desktop?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
A80
Frequent Visitor

Dear Jimmy,

Thank You very much for your reply. Yes, when i boot the OS media without intelligent provisioning i am getting an option of Desktop Version.