ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753608 Members
5898 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Intelligent Provisioning Firmware Update not working

TMDeen

I enabled source translation in my firewall ( for the outbound rule of the zone where the server is located) . After that the updates started to download.

Gerhard Wesser
Advisor

I also got two DL360e G8 and the intelligent Provisioning does'nt works propper. The List of all installed and avaliable Software Revisions are visible and sellectable. Quite soon after i start the Update, an error Message  show's me an "unknown Error" - that's all - nothing works - a Cold start is required.
I don't understand the purpose of that kinda game - where should be the advantage for the administrator, compared by using the smartstart-DVD ROM instead?  If you need to use them, an update download is required on both. The procedure to get the repository actualy is more that suspect. HP, remember, i just wanna install an operating system - not more.

If HP continue this in further , i will change the brand of server hardware to DELL.  I have no time to investigate time for those toys.

Gerhard Wesser, Sen IT-Admin

AlexDee
Visitor

Use DHCP only or update intelligent provisioning by recovery media))

DHCP with internet connection on binded ip address workes for me. Strange, but ... :)

Regards from Russia

John Gannon_1
Visitor

It is now 2016 and the same DHCP bug is in version 2.2 of IP

HP when will IP work?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

But version 2.20 is not from 2016 ...

current version is 2.30, most likely 2.40 next week ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
diegoazevedo

I finally got Intelligent Provisioning firmware update feature working today! I had been trying this for two days...

In my case, I had the iLO IP address and the Intel. Prov. IP address on different network segments. That was probably causing some issues with traffic going out via a wrong route. After changing the IP of the Intel. Prov, (and allowing traffic on the firewall), it was able to got out and find the udpates available. I was using the HP WebSite as source for the downloads.

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

IP is the worst crap I've ever seen from the India outsourced HP "engineering" effort. This is the last Pro Liant I ever buy!

ip-sucks.png

Dominix_
Advisor

same problem here. Which URL should be used ?? (and how to set it ? )

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

That's the kicker -- no India employee of the company HP hired to mimic support person knows the correct URL;

My case was eventually escalated to U.S. support in Georgia and the gentlement said a new IP version will be released before Thanksgiving which will address the landslide issues eveyrone is experiencing;

Imagine if we all agreed to the India remedy for all those cases which is to replace server motherboard? Maybe we should have so HP gets hit with massive motherboard shortage and notices the IP defect...instead of witholding information for their own contractors; those they pay to "provide suppor" to us!!

matouk

Hi

you should make one update to solve your issue of HP (unable to contact the server), check the links below it will support you

check your corrent version of Intelligent Provisioning by:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5211699&dwf.refreshProfile=true&docId=emr_na-c03521197

Download last update for Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_fc0da6c6b63c46c883293a4dc6#tab-history

use this tool to update

https://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=1008862658&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4168

Thanks