6230 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Intelligent Provisioning Microserver Gen10 PLus

Elm0
Visitor

Intelligent Provisioning Microserver Gen10 PLus

Hi,

I just unboxed a new Microserver Gen 10 Plus and do not have the ilo enablement kit  (yet).  

When trying to use Intelligent Provisioning and update firmware I keep getting an error message about the repository not being available, it wants to connect to https://ipupdate.itcs.hpe.com/ and fails. 

"The firmware respository cannot be reached or is currently unavailable...... etc etc"

This site is also not available when browsing directly using any other browser in all modes.

The machine is a 16GB model with 1 TB hdd, IP version: 3.64.2 and the left most port is directly connected to a netgate fw with dhcp configured and confirmed working.

Any thoughts on how to get this operational would be much appreciated.

Best, Elm0

7 REPLIES 7
Elm0
Visitor

Re: Intelligent Provisioning Microserver Gen10 PLus

Update:

Well, it seems you can brick IP by updating it with official images from HPE. Thanks HPE.

Starfish4711
Visitor

Hi,

I experience the same issue here: IP version 3.64.2 as well as 3.76.

Did you find a way to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Elm0
Visitor

No, I have ordered the Ilo enablement kit and will try to get the firmware back up and running once that is installed. Is your IP bricked as well or does it still function?

Starfish4711
Visitor

My IP does not work either, telling it can not connect to the repository.  On our firewall I can see a few packets but the connection is terminated from the HPE server. I'v e tried to access the repository by web browser, but that also does not work, connection terminated. However I don't know whether accessing the repository by browser should be possible at all, at least with some kind of readable message.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi

For firmware updates via Intelligent Provisioning consult the Intelligent Provisioning User Guide.

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00040432en_us

We recommend firmware updates via direct SPP iso image - online or offline.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
asdasdasdsadasd
Visitor

Still getting this after applying the IP380.2022_0905.3.iso repair iso for IP

This is pretty annoying to spend all this money and have supposed functionality missing

Our border firewall is seeing SYN sent, no reply for connections to 16.230.112.167 on tcp/43

That's before getting stymied due to IP refusing to ignore disks that you don't want to form part of the array when installing esxi 7

And breathe .....

Starfish4711
Visitor

Yes, looks like the HPE deployment server is disabled / not responding and no one cares. Very disappointing.