4961 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent Provisioning and Win2012r2 error

TheGord
Advisor

Intelligent Provisioning and Win2012r2 error

Hello to all, 

Just tried to provision a new DL360 with Windows 2012r2 and Intelligent Provisioning a couple of times and received the same error on both attempts. Screen shot attached.

Intelligent Provisioning on the server is currently 1.40.88.

Just wondering if others have seen this? Newer rev of IntelProv needed? We build our servers in a range with no internet access so the update check to hp.com will not go through.

I'm trying a manual install now to see if it's our media. If it works i'll run SUM after the fact.

Is there a way to update Intel Prov without a direct connection to hp.com? Download to a differnt machine and transfer?

Thanks.

G.

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You can download the latest recovery media for Intelligent Provisioning and update the server in an offline mode. Latest version is 1.50 and I'm not sure it has support for 2012R2. You should be able to boot the OS media for the installation and then install the SPP

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
TheGord
Advisor

Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, a manual install has worked so i'll hit it with the SPP next.

I'm also pulling down 1.50 and will put that on another server and try an automated build with that.

G.

TheGord
Advisor

Upgraded to 1.50 and still the same error on an automated build. Installing the SPP on its own is fine for now. Hopefully 1.60 arrives soon.

G.

LOGT

Hi, which SPP did you use? Trouble running hpsum on 2012r2 (ML350pg8)

TheGord
Advisor

The regular SPPs won't work with R2. The supplimental SPP  that came out the first week of November is what you want. Having said that, even with that package we had issues getting it to properly run. Also do a check directly from hp.com when you run hpsum as there are other packages out not in the supplimental SPP.

Also of note, the latest storage driver, 62.26.0.64, now has a service adisory against it for potential blue screening.

G