ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753856 Members
6923 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent provisioning does not start...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If the laptop is configured to boot USB before hard disk, then it should boot to the Server 2008 install screen. This will let you know the key is in fact bootable. As a side note, I have had keys boot in one type of machine but not another.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
JWily2
Occasional Advisor

TAgain thank you for assisting with this matter.  I did just get an external DVD on loan from my local comp store.  When Ive tried loading this way the screen "Boot failed, continue to look for boot media.  Wait for input" message displays over and over.  ?? 

JWily2
Occasional Advisor

Again, does anyone have a troubleshoot for this?  It's quite cumbersome!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

maybe your media is defective? I've loaded Win7 and Windows 2008 on the microserver using both a DVD and a USB drive key

JWily2
Occasional Advisor

Finally got it to install.  Windows 7  bootable USB key device to format a dvd installation.  While this software device offers both the USB key installation method and the DVD drive installation I found the first option to be horrendous.  Running program for DVD install worked fine.  Thanks. On to more industrious time utilization... I hope. 

AlecKeeler
Advisor

Just got a new model HPDL360p Gen8 Model No. 737286-425

Used the 2014.06.0 HP SPP DVD to make sure all firmware was up to date (only update was iLO4 form 1.40 to 1.51)

Tried to run onboard Insight Diagnostics using F10 (had already set up BIOS using F9 so know keyboard is working) and it doesn't start Intelligent Provisioning it just goes on to attempting to boot from hard drive then CDROM (we change the boot order in BIOS)

I know that we haven't disabled Intelligent Provisioning in BIOS as we check every value is as required and that one is down to leave as Enabled

I have started my Insight Diagnostics System tests using the HP SPP DVD (Its on there if you let it boot from it) 

But all our server build instructions for the Gen8 say to access it using F10 as part of the boot sequence, the menu appears (at the top 3 options F9, F10, F11) after the screen clears after the SATA/iLO/Raid Array options, but pressing F10 seems to be ignored

Anyone else seen this and got a solution to make it work ?

Alec

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You might try installing the Intelligent Provisioning recovery/update image.

AlecKeeler
Advisor

Does this mean you think that the machine has been shipped without it installed ? This is a brand new server just received from HP.
I thought they no longer ship the SmartStart CD with the Insight Diagnostics on as its supposed to be accessible via Intelligent provisioning ?

Is this not the case for the DL360p Gen8 ?

Alec
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@AlecKeeler wrote:
Does this mean you think that the machine has been shipped without it installed ? This is a brand new server just received from HP.
I thought they no longer ship the SmartStart CD with the Insight Diagnostics on as its supposed to be accessible via Intelligent provisioning ?

Is this not the case for the DL360p Gen8 ?

Alec

Intelligent Provisioning is installed at the factory.  Since you're presing F10 and nothing happens, the boot sector/loader may have an issue. Reloading the recovery image should fix it if that is the case.