1752399 Members
5631 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Internal Beep on ML350 G2

Gavin Simpson

Internal Beep on ML350 G2

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone has any clues or pointers about how to disable internal beep/speaker on an ML350 G2.
Have recently recycled one of these units for a customer and installed a Freight handling application. This app does some kind of check every 10 seconds and lets out an internal beep as it does so.
Is there any way to disable this as the server actually sits in an office and is driving everyone mad.
I've tried looking through the BIOS (F9) at system startup but don't see anything there.
Am I missing anything obvious?
Many thanks,
GS
7 REPLIES 7
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Sorry
no option as such in BIOS
Nothing is impossible
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi GS

Try following:

Select Control Panel> Sound and Audio Devices

and mute the Audio devices

Regards
Mahesh
Gavin Simpson

Thanks for the thoughts so far guys, but nothing can be changed in control panel (the unit hs no audio device - so that section is all greyed out).

Does anyone even know where the speaker is located in the unit so I can disconnect it physically???

Thanks,
GS
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Near to battery the black one you can destroy that will do for sure

:-)
Not recomended by HP

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Gavin Simpson

OK guys, semi-solution found.

I obviously don't want to rip the speaker off the motherboard (tempting as it is). If there had just been a few wires to it as per most regular workstations speakers, I'd have just snipped them, but I draw the line at ripping it off the mobo :)

However, some precisely placed "blue tack" round the edges of the speaker, and the hole in the centre has rendered the unit very quiet. It is still vaguely audible, but mostly drowned out by the regular noise in the office (phones, shouting, etc).

Thanks so much for everyone's help.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Gavin there should be option either in Application/Options, beep on the Action (errors, copy, write ... etc)
Or you can find installation log, go with Registry find and change Value for beep.
Is there chance to Install same application to other System, it might conflict with software running on the Server ?
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try this

If you're running Microsoft Windows you can disable the Internal speaker or PC speaker by following the below steps.

Open device manager
In device manager click View and click "Show hidden devices"
This should make "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" visible in device manager.
Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers by clicking the plus and double-click Beep.
Within the "Beep properties" window click the Driver tab.
Under the driver tab if you wish to temporarily disable this device click the Stop button. If you wish to permanently disable this device under the Startup Type select Disabled.
Nothing is impossible