cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Storage System Overheating

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Internal Storage System Overheating

This is my third post in hopes to get some help. I have a DL580 with 4 18 GB 15000 RPM driver. I have them as two pairs configured as RAID 1. The drives are in the internal drive bay.
Here are the errors I receive in the system event log. I have all firmware and CIM agents to there latest levels.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: CPQCISSE
Event Category: None
Event ID: 24589
Date: 7/5/2002
Time: 7:41:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CEDAR
Description:
Sensor 0 of External Storage device on Port 0 of Array Controller in slot 5, is reporting the internal temperature is nearing the preset temperature limit. The controller may enact precautionary measures to prevent data loss should the temperature reach the operating limit.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Storage Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1077
Date: 7/5/2002
Time: 7:36:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CEDAR
Description:
Compaq Storage System Temperature Degraded.
The COMPAQ PROLIANT 4L4I storage system connected to SCSI bus 1 of the controller in slot 5 system has a temperature outside the normal operating range.

Can someone that knows a solution to this problem please contact me? I opened a case a week ago and replaced the RAID controller in slot 5 but the problem is still happening.

My Case number was NA020621040331.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Internal Storage System Overheating

BTW, All fans work in the system and I have another 5300 RAID controller in slot 4 that is working fine with no overheating warnings. The system also has both power supplies running with no problems.