ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753929 Members
8563 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Interrupt settings on Proliant ML350G4 (BIOS)

Uwe Dippel
Occasional Contributor

Interrupt settings on Proliant ML350G4 (BIOS)

When I received the box, interrupts could be selected to 3,5,11 (if I am not mistaken with the last one, 11).
After some playing around, suddenly all PCI interrupts are limited to either 3 or 5; be it USB, SCSI, NIC; you name it. The others are just unused. Also after booting, the OS shows those others being unused.
'top' shows an unusually high interrupt load at higher activity; and I am pondering on how to distribute the interrupts more evenly.
I have already erased NVRAM, but the limitation of irq3 or irq5 remains. How to get over this; what is my mistake ?
Why could I see three in the first place ?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Uwe
2 REPLIES 2
Carolyn Chirpich_1
Occasional Advisor

I have a very similar issue, different box. The interrupts on all 5 DL380 G4 servers I just received were all set to 5. I have the option of setting to 5, 7, or disabling.
I am hoping someone here may have a recommendation on how to set the IRQ's, and maybe an explanation as to why the options are so limited.

Thanks in advance!

Carolyn
Mark Steele

If you disable the serial port and virtual serial port on the DL380 G4 you get IRQ 3 and IRQ 4 as well as 5 and 7. I'd still like to have access to 10, 11 and 15 as well though. It is as if the second interrupt controller isn't available... or isn't even there.