7526 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Inventory Proliant DL and ML servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
GeertMe

Inventory Proliant DL and ML servers

I was wondering if there are any tools available that can be used to create, remotely, an extended inventory of 150+ servers.

I know of HP Insight Diagnostics, but I don't want to login on all the servers or install any extra software or reboot the servers.

Dou you have any suggestions?

Sincerely.

3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Inventory Proliant DL and ML servers

Hi,

With HP SIM you can do a discovery of all servers, and all data will be stored in a database.

After that, Reporting is available inside HP SIM in several flavours and completely customizable...

Fully automated, no scripting...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
GeertMe

Hey Bart,

Thx for the answer.

I'm rather new to HP servers. The problem is that I don't know if the HP SIM agents are installed / available on all the servers. At the moment we don't have the rights to install additional software on the clients production servers. We need to do a full inventory without installing or rebooting the machines.

We already got a big part with some WMI scripts, but this way you can't get all the bios settings and controller firmware versions.

Isn't there some stand-alone HP tool you can use to read the bios / raid controllers settings?

Grtz,

Geert

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

If the servers were installed (like it should be) with a SMartstart CD, then the necessary agents are installed inside the server to do the full collection...

If SNMP is installed inside the OS, also through SNMP can be detected a lot of things...

If the agents are not installed, to install the Systems Mgmt Homepage and the Insight Agents, you don't need to reboot a server... Off course you need the rights on the server...

Besides that, take a look at the Smartstart Scripting toolkit (also on the Smartstart CD, which is delivered with new servers but can also be downloaded...)... There are plenty of tools to capture hardware settings... Don't know them by heart...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !