cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible DLT

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Invisible DLT

I have a Proliant DL380 with a 5300 array controller and configures using NT4 pack 6. When the system was setup the on board array controller was removed to prevent conflicts. Now I need to install an internal DLT, but if I plug the DLT into either of the ports the bios does not detect it and the DLT cannot be seen in NT. I have tried the following:

1. Swapping the 5300 ports- port found to be working as the disk array functions.

2. Reinstall the on board array controller and remove the 5300-Drive array and DLT detected by BIOS but drive array gave blue screen of death stating no bootable device.

3.Have both array controllers installed, drive array on 5300 and DLT on on board card- BIOS detected both devices, system booted, but DLT not seen by NT.

Any suggestions? Are their any known conflicts with these configuration components?

Regards,
Jeff
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Invisible DLT

First, you want to make sure that the DLT can be identified at POST and Compaq System Configuration Utility. If either one of these areas do not see or ID the DLT, the OS of any type will not see the tape unit. Verify that the lattest and greatest System Rompaq sp17272 ver 4.072 dated(4/2/2001), SCU 2.53A(sp14381) or latest SCU 2.54A(sp16319) Check and make sure the latest NTSSD drivers are applied in NT after Svcpaq 6a was applied.