ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751693 Members
5153 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is it Kingston KC2000 compatible with HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen10?

claudiu_cristea
Occasional Collector

Is it Kingston KC2000 compatible with HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen10?

I just bought a Server Tower HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen10 Intel┬о Xeon┬о E-2124, 8GB that has no HDD. I plan to add a SSD on the M.2 slot. My preference is Kingston KC2000 (https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/kc2000-m-2-nvme-3d-nand-solid-state-drive). Is that compatible with the server? I cannot find anywhere the M.2 width/length for this server, is it 2280?

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The Quickspec list this as a supproted M.2 NVMe drive

HPE 480GB NVMe x4 Lanes Read Intensive M.2 22110 3yr Wty Digitally Signed Firmware SSD 875579-B21

I think the primary differnce in a 2280 vs a 22110, is the length of the card.  I'm not sure the chassis/system board has the proper standoff holes for both sizes

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
JayFromIT
Advisor

Will, it probably work? Yes BUT hpe tech will throw a fit if they don't see everything with a HPe sticker and part number.

Thus you should check the quick specs and see if it's listed. Me knowing HPe I would only get HPe branded parts as I don't want to get into a situation with the HPe tech if something goes wrong.

This is a typical HPe conversation (over-exaggeration, but you get the idea) when something goes wrong.

Caller: Hi I have an issue with the Memory stick in slot 1 that is HPe branded.

HPe: I see that you have a nonsupported SSD.

Caller: Yes but I have the issue is memory

HPe: Sorry I'm pretty sure it's the SSD

Caller: But the memory completely different from the SSD.

HPe: it's the SSD,

Caller: (destroys the phone, goes turns off the server, remove the ssd, clears all records of ssd, wipes IML/AHLS records then calls back)

HPe: Ahhh I see it's memory

claudiu_cristea
Occasional Collector

Got it :)))

claudiu_cristea
Occasional Collector

Thank you,

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

I think the primary differnce in a 2280 vs a 22110, is the length of the card.  I'm not sure the chassis/system board has the proper standoff holes for both sizes

As I see there is a screw hole at 11cm (110) and there's also one at 8cm (80). But the screw is only at 11cm.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@claudiu_cristea wrote:

Thank you,

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

As I see there is a screw hole at 11cm (110) and there's also one at 8cm (80). But the screw is only at 11cm.

I think it will unscrew, and you can move it to the other hole.  I'm pretty sure you have to remove the standoff if you install the optional dedicated iLO / M.2 / Serial port kit

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!