ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752646 Members
5885 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is the PCI is 2.1 or 2.2 compliant ???

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Is the PCI is 2.1 or 2.2 compliant ???

I would install a 3Com Etherlink Server 10/100 PCI Dual port Network Interface card.
The actual server is 4 years old and maybe not PCI 2.1 or 2.2 compliant as required by this kind of card.

So how can I know which PCI I have in the server ???

Thanks, Yves Laforesy
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I believe that the 500 is 2.1 compliant. I have never had a problem installing ANY PCI card into the machines that I have had.

HTH, Todd MCSE, ASE
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the quick answer Todd,

By chance did you install a PCI card for dual fast ethernet or single giga ethernet on a 4 years old server like the Prosignia 500 ???

Thanks, Yves Laforest
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The PCI bus in the Prosignia 500 is 2.1. The bus speed in not fast enough to support a 1 GHz NIC. This type of NIC had not even been invented when the Prosignia 500 was released. But a standard 10/100 mbps Ethernet NIC should work fine in the system.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

have you had any error msg's like this one "module initialization failed module ngrpci.lan not loaded" i am trying to install a netgear fa310tx nic card. Have followed all the required settings mention by the help file, but am still getting this msg. The card lights actually activate and send signals, but cannot see server on the network from an nt client even with correct protocls loaded? Any tips???

many thanks for any help