5213 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is this temp normal for a DL360G6?

wobbe
Respected Contributor

Is this temp normal for a DL360G6?

Just got an temp warning from HP sim.
Accoring to the vSphere client and ilo all is normal. But one sensor system board reading a significant higher then the others. See attachement.
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this temp normal for a DL360G6?

hi,

check the status from ILO.

mikap
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I had allready done that.
It's also high in ILO but it's well within the threshold limits.
So I guess it's OK. Perhaps There is a threshold setting in HP sim that can be changed?
But I still find 73C a bit high.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

in this case, if the server is near to your location, in datacenter, go there and check if some led lights is in RED status, if its possible, to shutdown the server, run offline diagnostic, smartstart cd offline diag.

I my opinion, i would contact HP and open HW call.

mikap
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi.

Well it seems high. you can increase the cooling by setting it in bios.

Something like Advanced -> Cooling and choose increased cooling. We have it set to increased coolings on our esx hosts because of its full with memory and cpu and we have a hot 10gb nic.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I also run vmware on this machine. Doesn't ESXi4 automatically increase the fan speed when needed? (I'm running with the latest HP vmware ISO)

Also. I don't know how reliable these readings are. But Temp 27 can't be correct. The inlet temp of the serverroom is about 10/11C so that reading can never be correct.
(see screenshot previous post)
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

The inlet temp of the serverroom is about 10/11C so that reading can never be correct.

- in the server room could be set so low temperature, but each server producing heat, so the temperature is normal.

mikap