ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue : hp dl 580 g5 goes in memory mirroring state from advanced ecc support

Issue : hp dl 580 g5 goes in memory mirroring state from advanced ecc support

We have hp dl 580 g5 servers which are having 64 GB memory which is configured in Advanced ECC support. But some of the servers sometime after reboot shows only only half of the total memory i.e.32 GB.My query is :
1) what is causing this?How to prevent this?
2)Is there any utility to detect the same from OS end?hpasmcli etc. shows 64 GB only, but top,free, etc tools shows actual memory i.e.32 Gb. We need to reboot the server and change the memory option from mirroring to Advanced ecc support.How to avoid this?
2 REPLIES
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Issue : hp dl 580 g5 goes in memory mirroring state from advanced ecc support

Hi there,

If you have configured Advanced Memory Protection as Advanced ECC only, it should not switch to mirror or online spare automatically.

Update the system bios as few memory issues are addressed with latest system bios
SP51196.exe (5.1 MB)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3454575&swItem=MTX-f681ebaf8ba74c2f995e07208d&prodNameId=3562405&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

Use DMIDECODE command to check the memory in OS. HP System Health Application and Command Line Utilities (hp-health) and SMH is another way to do that.
thanks,
Aftab
Aftab
I work for HP
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HP Enterprise products? HP Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details
radek zima_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Issue : hp dl 580 g5 goes in memory mirroring state from advanced ecc support

Hi, advanced memory protection can be set in RBSU or some customers are using smart start scripting toolkit, but the server should not "go" from one state to the other ... there is no standard way to reconfigure the server to change it automatically ...