cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ILO using Japanese version of firmware

jeg1974
Occasional Contributor

Issue with ILO using Japanese version of firmware

I have a HP Proliant DL580 G2 server which was mistakenly configured with the Japanese version of the online ROM Flash Component for Windows for ILO. The server is configured to use the English language and the ILO is displayed in English when I access it. I'm having trouble with using a Firmware Maintenance CD (7.91) on the server in question. It gets through the first four initial steps but the screen then goes gray when accessing the server through the remote console feature in ILO. The monitor to which the server is connected is working, but there's nothing displayed on it. It doesn't seem to respond to the mouse or keyboard input. HP Support has already instructed me to remove the instances of the Japanese version of the ILO ROM upgrade from the Version Control Repository Manager, but the existing customized support packs that contain this firmware upgrade will have to be deleted as well. First, has anyone seen this issue? If so, what was done to resolve it? Second, does anyone seem to think that the Japanese version of the firmware on the ILO is causing this issue? HP Support didn't seem to think so. The CD I sent out seems to work, but I can try to send another one just in case. Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with ILO using Japanese version of firmware