5995 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue with SAS Controller

Kanagaraj.G
Advisor

Issue with SAS Controller

Hi all,

I have installed BL 35p Blade server which is having AMD Opteron 1.8GHz Dual Core, 4GB RAM, LSI Logic SAS1064 70.6GB HDD. When i am trying to install Windows 2000, its giving error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". I downloaded the SAS Controller driver from LSI Logic website for Windows 2000 as well as Win2003Server. Then, i tried with this new drivers. I succeeded with windows 2003 server. But in windows 2000 same problem persist.

Information : HDD 70.6 * 2 Nos.
RAID Level : RAID1(IM-Integrated Mirror)
Logical Volume : 1
Volume Desc. : 3000
Volume Capacity: 69741MB

Kindly help me..
6 REPLIES 6
Guruprasad S.P.
Occasional Advisor

Can please try downloading the drivers from the below mentioned HP website :
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23430.html
Kanagaraj.G
Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for reply..

I tried with same driver as well as another driver from LSI Logic website(Link below). Even i tried with firmware upgradation. After updation, same problem persist. Today, I tried with Rapid Deployment Pack v2.20. I succeeded with this. i able to install the operation system which is Windows2000. As of now, i found the only way to install Windows 2000 in BL35p, RDPv2.20 (Not RDP v2.10).

How can i modify the partition in RDP Scripted installation method? because, in this method, whole HDD space has been created as a single partition.. Kindly help me for this...

LSI Logic Link : http://www.lsilogic.com/downloads/selectDownload.do;jsessionid=83D490CB67FD7D1CBF9164D7F2D46FFE
Brian Murdoch
Advisor

Hi,

Try this.

Problem Description

When doing a scripted install of Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 in RDP 2.00 or later, the install results in a single partition that spans the entire physical disk regardless of the setting used in the unattend.txt for ExtendOEMPartition=

Symptoms

ExtendOEMPartition does not seem to affect the partition size.

Cause

The original partition is being laid down using rdeploy with the fat32.img file. The default setting on this image deploy task is to use 100% of the drive for that image. So you are starting off with a partition spanning the entire disk before Windows setup is even run.

Resolution/Workaround

Change the deploy image task from your scripted install job in RDP.

Click on the job in the RDP console. Locate the 'Deploy Image' task. Double click it. Click the 'Advanced' button. Either change the percentage of the drive to reflect the desired size, or change to "Fixed Size", and specify the desired size. Click OK, then Finish.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Joel Eck

in addition to modifying the 'deploy image' task, you'll then need to verify the default.txt file found in \program files\altiris\express\deployment server\osconfig\w50as (or w50s, or whichever version of Windows you're attempting to deploy). Ensure that ExtendOEMPartition=0, as it could then extend the size of your c: partition
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Hardware configuration i same as mentioned in post.

I am try to do tha same after connecting the usb cd rom on the server and not able to instal using the Smartstart CD as he is not able to detect the Hdd.

Tried with windows 2003 CD then provided driver for controller from HP site and LSI site. after providing the driver it goes ahead then again prompt for driver and then get stuck there and don't go further then that.

Any inputs on same will be healfull

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Hi Prashant,

You said :Tried with windows 2003 CD then provided driver for controller from HP site and LSI site. after providing the driver it goes ahead then again prompt for driver and then get stuck there and don't go further then that.

How are you providing the driver,is it through the USB Floppy Drive.

If yes,is it a USB 2.0 compatible.Have seen similar issues with a USB 1.1 drive.