5584 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issues with cqmgserv.exe after PSP 7.4 upgrade

Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Issues with cqmgserv.exe after PSP 7.4 upgrade

DL760G2 with 4 procs.

Having issues with cqmgserv.exe (Insight Manager Agent) running up one processor (and switching processors) to the max. This keeps a baseline of Total CPU time at 14%.

Anyone else seeing this issue in 7.4?
46 REPLIES 46
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Bump.

Anyone else seeing issues with 7.4 agents on Win2K3?
Mike Keller_3

I installed PSP 7.4 on Win2k3 sp1 today, and after the install, the HP Insight Server Agents (and dependent services) wont start. I have removed / reinstalled, and even went back to PSP 7.3. It still wont start.
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

We applied the following (not the full PSP) to quite a few servers over the weekend that had old versions:

HP Systems Management Homepage for Windows
Version Control Agent for Windows
HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003

We had the same issue on three servers to date. Reinstalling the software has fixed the issue on two servers, but the third is still experiencing the issue and we've stopped the cqmgserv.exe process for now.

I'm new to this issue, and will try to gather more information, but I'd like to know if anyone came up with a reason/solution in the meantime. Thanks.
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

I've seen this in other forums and apparently it's a known issue and some have opened a case with HP. My issue seems to have occurred on three W2K SP4 servers - one DL380, one ML570 and one DL360. From what I've read, people are currently sticking with 7.30. I have one server (the DL380) that is still having the problem, so I will be trying to back it to 7.30 to see if that fixes it. Thanks.
Mike Keller_3

I ended up going through the Management Agents one by one, and was able to get it working by disabling "Server Remote Alerter". Obviously not the ideal solution, but it does return partial functionality. Hopefully someone from HP sees this and it gives them a direction to go on.
Bill Gushue
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Mike. I'm gonna try disabling that agent once I speak with the admin of one of the servers. I submitted a case and have it escalated so if this works, I'll add that info to the case.

Do you think this has something to do with this error I've been getting:

Category SNMP Agent
Event 1804

Debug: The Foundation SNMP Agent was unable to forward an SNMP trap to the Remote Insight Board trap due to a processing error. The data contains the error code.

Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Where did you turn off this agent? I can't find in in the SNMP settings of the systems mgmt homepage...
Mike Keller_3

Hi, yes, that is the error that I get. You can disable the agent by going to control panel --> HP Management Agents, then remove "Server Remote Alerter" from the active agents tab. You can then start the service.
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

That didn't change anything for me... I even removed a few others (iSCSI, SAS) still running the process @ 11-12% CPU.