7825 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issues with cqmgserv.exe after PSP 7.4 upgrade

ArnoL
Advisor

At this moment there is a 7.42 release.
It can't find in the document if this means that the issue has been solved.
I don't think it has as the 7.42 release happened at the same moment this cpu problem was reported, namely in november.
However if anyone from hp can help me out.
ALso does anyone know when 7.5 is projected to be released. Or maybe can point me out where I can get the information.
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor

Have the same problem with an added hang (then carry on) at the "applying computer settings" bootup section prior to the CTRL+ALT+DEL prompt.
When I log in the cqmgserv.exe runs at 50% but then returns to normal after about 10 mins.
Just heard from HP that Support Pack 7.5 is due for download release on 2nd March but don't quote me on that!
Regards
Tony Cresswell
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Tony, doesn't sound like yours is the same problem. cqmgserv.exe would continuously fill one processor.

However, the 7.41 is currently released and the engineers I have been working with have confirmed that the beta code I was given a while back is the same code used in the 7.41 agent. Even though the release notes don't show it as a fix, it was included in that release.

-Andrew
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003
version 7.41.0.0 (23 Dec 05)

Fixes

Improved the detection of S.M.A.R.T predictive failures on drives attached to HP SAS/SATA HBAs.

Resolved the following issues:

* Where some storage boxes may not be displayed if boxes are attached to both Smart Array controllers and SCSI HBAs.

*** Insight Management Agents service would sometimes cause high CPU utilization.***

* Insight Server Agents for Windows reporting false CPU failure.
* Clearing all thresholds from HP Management Agent would not clear thresholds under the Performance tab in the System Management Homepage.
* Threshold alerts would not get resent when the total disk usage falls below the threshold value and then crosses it again.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23819.html
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Weird, I didn't see those notes in my repository... Cool. I'm going to consider this bad boy closed.

-Throw a few pts to those that have given good followup with the issue. Took long enough to get resolve from engineering, but it just shows that these forums DO WORK.

Don't forget people, when in doubt, CREATE A CASE! They won't fix a problem unless they have documented complaints and the customers continue to press the issue.

-Andrew
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor

Is this why the Support Pack has gone from 7.40A to 7.40B?
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

I just pulled 7.4B, but according to the file listing it does NOT have the new 7.41.0.0 management agents. It has the following:

HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 7.40.0.0 cp005413.exe

I am going to just download the new version separately and modify the psp deployment to include it.