ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got 3 new G4 BL20P blades and they are all having problem on boot.

John Kutzschebauch
Occasional Contributor

Just got 3 new G4 BL20P blades and they are all having problem on boot.

All 3 of them are having problems booting. I would say 75% of the time they lockup on reaching the white HP Proliant screen. I then have to do a hard boot hoping that eventually they will get to an actual boot process. Checking firmware on one of them when I actually was able to boot and get into ILO quick enough to boot from Firmware CD showed that they have new firmware.

Thanks.

John K.
3 REPLIES
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: Just got 3 new G4 BL20P blades and they are all having problem on boot.

Hello John,

please take a look at the IML. You don't need to start the blade server, just login into iLO on the 3 blades and check the integrated management log for failures.

What is with the other blades? Did they have the sames problems if you boot them?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
John Kutzschebauch
Occasional Contributor

The logs do not show anything other then when I had to manually power the systems.

I have 3 g4's all have the same bootup problem. The other 5 are g3's and they do not have problems with bootup.

It is very odd because the g2 and g3 blades went right in and allowed me to load and configure very easily. These g4's are not impressing me which is sad because I ordered 2 of them to swap out my old g2's.

John K.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Enhanced enclosure and firmware 2.32?
iLO firmware 1.26?
From virtual power use manual override once and test later?
What you have for memory (by banks) and processors?
Any additional mezzanine cards ?