108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Led light showing red

SOLVED
Go to solution
Meiling Untch
Occasional Contributor

Led light showing red

I have a Proliant ML350 G4 server running on Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
Currently, the 4th LED from the right on the front panel is showing red. The Integrity Management Log Viewer reported overheating on Labour Day and has a repaired status but the system is up and running without problems.

I plan to reboot the server. Is there anything else I should check or do? Please advise.

Thank you very much.
5 REPLIES 5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Is the IML showing which area is showing as overheating? If the agents are installed, you should be able to go to the system management homepage and under the environment area you'll see the various temps inside the server.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Meiling Untch
Occasional Contributor

It says zone 2,location CPU, temperature 82C
David_971
Advisor

That seems a bit hot. If it reaches 99 it will probably reboot unless you disabled it. Are all your fans working? Is the server kept in an air conditioned room?
Rick_213

I recently had three G4 servers where the IML reported CPU overheating, fortunately the processors were fine but required a heatsink replacement. I believe the problem was due to the temp pad not spreading evenly.

Once we replaced the heatsinks, the problem went away.

Rick
Meiling Untch
Occasional Contributor

The air-conditioner in the server room has broken down. After I rebooted the server this morning, the led is currently showing green.

Thank you all for your help.