7670 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Leds on system board

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Leds on system board

Hi,

I have a ML570 that sometimes doesn?t power on, the system turn on but the system didn?t boot with no video.
All leds in the front panel, fans and power are ok. All interlock leds are off.
There are four leds in the system board besides the power conector and the sw6 that I didn?t find in the documentation, and one of these leds become red when the system can?t boot. That?s the only signal that something is wrong.
Does somebody could help me? We already replaced the system board and the power backplane.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Sidonia.
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Leds on system board

There is another way to trouble shoot this problem, there is a display LED located on the top edge of the peripheral board ( board with video connector on it) and it should give you a code (ex: P2 or 07). This code points to the problematic area of your server. You can view a document located at : http://cybrary.inet.cpqcorp.net/HW/SYS/INTEL/SERVER/PROLIANT_ML570/index.html?resources.html and if you select troubleshooting the ML570, go to page 34 of the document and you will find table 2-6 which breaks down all of the error codes.
I did not find the four led's you refer to but this should help you and if you still have questions, feel free to call us at 1-800-OK-COMPAQ .
We are here for a good time, not a long time!