New Discussion

Re: License Smart Array Advanced Pack for P410 controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
khuyenht
Occasional Advisor

License Smart Array Advanced Pack for P410 controller

Hi all,

I have paid a Smart Array Advanced Pack from HP reseller. After installing the license to P410 controller, i see the license information ( picture ) .

Was i installed the license right way ?

How long does the license expire ?

I will appreciate any answer !!!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
markgwoodruff
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Looks right. The license is for all controllers on that server and shouldn't expire. Only the demonstration licenses expire. (You can get a temporary license for a limited time to test whether you want the additional features.)

chinmay
Frequent Advisor

Hi, 

• Yes the license is installed in correct way. 
  • HP Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP) is one time license,  in other words it will not expire. 
  • Only the trial version has 60 Days limitation.  

Also wanted to share some Useful information about SAAP:- 

To better understand the (SAAP) you can go through the QuickSpecs  http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13200_div/13200_div.pdf 

SAAP can be installed from ACU (Array Configuration Utility) or from ORCA (Online Rom Configuration Utility)

HP Smart Array Advanced Pack is ideal for customers utilizing SAS Smart Array Controllers and looking to further fine tune and protect their storage environments.

• Easy key activation of features further enhance performance, reliability, and availability of customer data
  • Added RAID protection with RAID 6 (Advanced Data Guarding) and RAID 60 for an advanced number of drive protection therefore providing advanced data protection
  • More secure methodology to erase drives offering more security, ease of redeployment and warranty return
  • Video on Demand: provides more optimized performance for video streaming
  • RAID 1 ADM (Advanced Data Mirroring)
  • Move or delete any individual LUNs
  • And more …

Please Acknowledge by clicking the white KUDOS Star!!!!!!!!
-Chinmay Kabi Satpathy

chinmay
Frequent Advisor

Below link  shows step by step HP Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP) Installing a License Key with Array Configuration Utility (ACU)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=428936&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c02793166

NOTE:A minimum of 256MB cache and battery kit, or FBWC, is required to enable the SAAP license key. SAAP is not available on Zero Memory Configurations.

Was the post useful? Acknowledge by clicking the white KUDOS Star!!!!!!
-Chinmay Kabi Satpathy

khuyenht
Occasional Advisor

Thanks so much for all yours help

nathanmcgair

Howdy

I've tried to find the answer to 2 questions:

Does the activation of Smart Array Advanced Pack require the operating system (in this case, W28R2) to be power cycled ?

If we already have a single SAS cable attached, can we add a second cable (dual channel available) before/after the SAAP activation, and have the current disks preserved ?

Thanks

Nathan

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

I find Smart Array Advance Pack HP Guided Troubleshooting very useful.

Take a look at it:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home?sp4ts.oid=3888827&ac.admitted=1490268413015.125225703.1851288163#topIssuesAndSolution

cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

SurendraKamath
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

We have HP P411 smart array controller and if we want to use RAID6 and dual domain configruation, does we require to purchase the licenses or it is free now ? As per forum, we see that HP removed the Smart advanced pack licensing concept and incorported the key in firmware. Please suggest.

Best, Surendra