1753747 Members
4989 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: License for bundled HPOVSAM Storage Node Manager

John Silk_2
Contributor

License for bundled HPOVSAM Storage Node Manager

I am trying to find out how I go about getting the license key for the HPOVSAM Storage Node Manager that is bundeled with the HPOVSOM on and EVA3000/5000.

HPOVSOM P/No. T3269AA
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

if you have your license certificate with an HP order number, you can use the Autopass feature in OVSAM to obtain your license keys. You must do this locally on the machine where OVSAM is installed. The option is not available using the Management Client on another machine. If Autopass has trouble connecting to the internet, just open a browser on the machine and browse to an external page like HP.com, then continue.

Regards,
Stephen
John Silk
Advisor

There is no HPOVSAM specific license paper in either the HPOVSOM or HPOVSAM Documentation kits the only document is 5187-2013 wthich describes the password process and support options. The licence is documented to be bundled with the HPOVSOM, the license for which we retrieved from the www.webware.hp.com website along with the HP Data Protector Licenses, the Autopass refers to the same Order Number for reference and reports that there was no compatible license available. The Business Copy License is generated through the h1800.www1.hp.com/products/software/softwarekeys/index.html and required an authorization ID. I do have a call logged with HP OpenView support and have not heard back from them yet. It appears that there may be a disconnect between the Marketing Bundle and the Packaging team....any other ideas would help tremendously.
Striving for perfection is a worthwhile goal