HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing

H573
Occasional Visitor

Licensing

Hi,

If purchase a Proliant server in the UK ship it over to Africa(Zambia), am I breaking any licensing laws?

The server will not have any software installed, the OS will be bought from a local re-seller.

2 REPLIES
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Licensing

Hi,

Refer to this link:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/warranty/index.aspx

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02978265

This Limited Warranty is applicable in all countries and may be enforced in any country or region where HP or its
authorised service providers offer warranty service for the same product model number subject to the terms and
conditions set forth in this Limited Warranty.

Under the HP Global Limited Warranty programme, products purchased in one country/region may be transferred to
another country/region, where HP or its authorised service providers offer warranty service for the same product model
number, without voiding the warranty. Warranty terms, service availability and service response times may vary from
country/region to country/region. Standard warranty service response time is subject to change due to local parts
availability. Your HP authorised service provider can provide you with details.

Do refer to the complete document for more information.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

BK_HPE
LSW

Re: Licensing

Hello @H573

First of all thank you Suman_1978 for the informative warranty information.  If you want to purchase HP ProLiant server in the United Kingdom, I recommend locating an HP Local retail Locator web site to find the closest HP retailer to assist you on the purchase of your HP ProLiant server.

I hope this information helps you, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

I am an HP employee in the ISS, Storage and Networking group, and I love helping our customers. If my post helps you, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.