1753460 Members
4877 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LightOut Error

Hoang_5
Occasional Collector

LightOut Error

We constantly got error message Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Interface Error (9006) for an DL360 G7 with decsription: "Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error.  The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface.  The firmware is not responding." 

We don't use iLo.  We would like to disable iLo or whatever needed to stop getting this message.  How do we do that?  Thx.

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: LightOut Error

Hi,

I have two suggestions which may work.

1.  Update the iLO3 drivers.

2.  Reset iLO3.

I am giving the Windows x86 driver here, try updating the same:

HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver Package for Windows Server 2008 X86
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=4091408&prodNameId=4091409&swEnvOID=4022&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9072a587fdd04c6b9e3eb856e2

To Reset iLO:

Resetting iLO 3
In rare instances, it might be necessary to reset iLO 3; for example, if iLO 3 is not responding to the browser. To reset iLO 3, you must power down the server and disconnect the power supplies completely.

The HP Insight Management Agents 5.40 and later have the ability to reset iLO 3. To reset iLO 3, choose one of the following options:
• Select the Reset iLO 3 option on the HP Management Agent webpage under the iLO 3 section.
• Click Apply on the Network Settings page to manually force the iLO 3 management processor to reset. You do not need to change any parameters before clicking Apply.
• Click Reset on the Diagnostic page of the iLO 3 browser interface.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo