1752766 Members
5291 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lights-out card and mouse

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Lights-out card and mouse

I installed the Remote Insight Lights-out card on a DL360, used the internal cable..didn't use the "Y" connector. Now, if I reboot the server and the mouse is not connected to it, the server doesn't recognize the mouse, neither locally nor remotely. Upgraded to 2.32 already, but is still the same.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

the setup you are using is correct for this system (as in not using the y cable and connecting to the system board instead) note the mouse needs to be connected to the dl360 mouse port and NOT the rib card...
the mouse however will need to be connected to be recognized...
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That is not a solution compaq. Saying that the OS will only recognize the mouse if it's plugged in defeats a large portion of what the RIBLOE's are used for. The RIBLOE is supposed to emulate the mouse. We have a web farm with approx 50 DL360s the majority work fine but some experience this same problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've got the same darn problem ,, I can always get it to work if I shut down the server and pull / replug the power . I have it on 6 360s and have several others that don't do it or did it and stopped by themselves ..
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Bill, the only suggestions I can give is to upgrade the RIBLOE firmware as well as all the ROMs on the server. After that go into the system utilities|System Hardware. Sometimes it will magically find new hardware. At that point reboot and if you are lucky the mouse will work. I've seen this fix the problem a few times but not always...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have a similar problem, DL360 + RIB = no mouse. The OS is W2k adv server. Tried without connecting rib Y cable and also tried serial mouse, sometimes will work but only for short periiod of time then loses mouse again. All 360's we have without RIB work fine. Should I uninstall the RIB and live without them (these were factory fitted, not locally installed)