108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Load RAID driver on Proliant with no floppy drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Gibbs
Occasional Advisor

Load RAID driver on Proliant with no floppy drive

How can I get the SATA RAID driver loaded when installing a Windows 2003 server when I have no floppy drive. Can a USB flash drive be used for this ? How do I make it look like a floppy disk ?
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Load RAID driver on Proliant with no floppy drive

Mike Gibbs
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the link(s).

I have looked through the information but it seems to suggest that G4 servers are required to support the USB Drive key and ML110 G2 is not mentioned anywhere.

Can I assume that a USB Drive key is a USB Flash Drive ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Drive Key and flash would be same.
Difference only some USB memory modules are not useable as Drive (older) or make them as Floppy drive - for ones that able support as a drive - called: Drive Key in HP world

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

From link for USB Support
... This table does not include the 100 series products as these products offer different options. Please refer to the product QuickSpecs to ensure support for any USB devices ....

however for your server
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EL050616_CW02
medcpucompany
Occasional Visitor

The motherboard of a server or workstation is not equipped with a floppy drive, and the driver for the RAID controller needs to be loaded. Start installation on the loading screen and choose the option to load the driver from a boot disk. Insert a driver floppy with the driver on it and then select continue. The driver will then be loaded and the rest of the installation can be completed as usual.