1753618 Members
5881 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Local Email

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Local Email

I've installed a Neoserver 150 for one of my clients with a dialup modem 56K internet connection. They have an 8 workstation LAN. Is it possible, with this configuration, to set up the Neoserver so that intraoffice email does not need to go out to the internet?
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi Dan, I was under the impression that all local email stayed internal. Certainly this is the case at our client site. If someone emails an internal person, it arrives almost immediately. Perhaps the email configuration is different to the addresses being posted to - certainly your configuration mirrors ours.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Mark, thanks for responding! My problem seems to be that as soon as as one of the clients opens Outlook Express, that immediately triggers the Neoserver to dial up the ISP, if it isn't already connected. It sounds like your client doesn't have that problem. Each of my client workstations has an internet email account, does yours? Also do you use Outlook Express. or another email client. Thanks for your time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You have configure the email server location on the NeoServer to be an email server with your ISP. Since the ISP email server is what is storing and sending the emails, the NeoServer has to connect to the Internet to access the email accounts.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Can the NeoServer be used to collect all mail for a domain(@mydomain.com.au) that is hosted at an ISP?

Can it also be used to relay mail from another email server?