6016 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Logged Drive Errors in ADU-Log on ML350G4 with SmartArray 641

inti
Advisor

Logged Drive Errors in ADU-Log on ML350G4 with SmartArray 641

Hi,

I had a strange Issue on one Customer-System. Basically the System suddeltly slowed down to a crawl without any bigger Load on it and evantually it stopped responding at all (incl. Network-Access).

After a Hard Reboot I had a look at the System Logs and did not find many information about a possible reason except warnings from Exchange, that a write Operation to Disk took like 61 seconds.

I then generated an Array Diagnostics Report and tried to find whether there are faulty drives.

The Problem is, that I indeed see Entries in the Drive Error Logs from some Drives but can't interpret the Errors as they are given in Hex-Codes. Can someone help me out here ?

Strange is, that on the System Management Homepages no Read or Write Errors are reported on the physical Drives, so I'm wondering what is true here.

The Firmware / Drivers on the System are really old, but the System has been stable for a longer time (planning to Upgrade soon). I want to make sure, that there is no imminent Hard Drive Failure as this is a Windows SBS Server 2003.
1 REPLY 1
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: Logged Drive Errors in ADU-Log on ML350G4 with SmartArray 641

Others will take a look in the report as well. The only thing I found and could explain such a crash would be:

PHYSICAL DRIVE IDENTIFICATION:

SCSI Port 1, Drive ID 0
Vendor Id: COMPAQ
Product Id: BF0368B269
Product Rev: HPB9
Vendor Specific: 3LQ2N3T1
Serial Number: 3LQ2N3T10000983019NB
Last Failure Reason: 0x07 (Drive timeout)

Consider upgrading the firmware. Sometimes hardly reproducible issues occur with older FW.