1748246 Members
3551 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Logical Drive Expansion

Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

Logical Drive Expansion

I decided it'd be easier to create a new logical drive 2. So, i used ACU v.2.9 to create it. Problem is, that I did that 1.5 weeks ago, & ACU still says that parity work is in progress or queued on logical drive 2. Does it normally take this long? I know i set expand priority to low, but it shouldn't take a 1.5 weeks. Please help.
8 REPLIES 8
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Logical Drive Expansion

Hello Wes,
This process depends upon the system hardware as well. You can always see the progress by running ACU. Which type of Array controller do you have and please make sure that you have the latest firmware of the controller as well as the system bios.

Regards,
Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

I have a Proliant ML 350 G2, c/w Smart Array 532 hardware array controller. I just added 2 new hard drives to my raid-5. What should i do should i delete the logical drive & start again? There's nothing stored on the logical drive 2 yet. I won't lose any info on my logical drive 1 correct?
Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

I have a Proliant ML 350 G2, c/w Smart Array 532 hardware array controller. I just added 2 new hard drives to my raid-5. What should i do should i delete the logical drive & start again? There's nothing stored on the logical drive 2 yet. I won't lose any info on my logical drive 1 correct?
Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

Wes Leong
Occasional Advisor

sorry, didn't mean to reply 6 times, but my browser froze for a minute.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Wes,
If the new drives have become part of your original array/logical drive then I would not delete the logical drive. If you created a separate logical drive with the new drives then there should not be any problems at all.

Regards,