ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
8297 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for a PCI-X fire wire card

Looking for a PCI-X fire wire card

Hi. I have 2 servers. One is a Proliant ML 370 G3 and one is a ML 330 G3. Not one of these servers have PCI slots, only PCI-X. I am looking for a PCI-X fire wire card to install in one of these servers. Anybody know where I can find one. I have looked everywhere? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You can install a regular PCI adapter in a PCI-X slot, you just need to make sure it's 3.3v. Try this:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=3.3v+firewire+pci&num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..

I tried doing this. There is no way of the PCI card fitting into the PCI-X slot, unless I break a piece out of the PCI card. This will not work
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Is the card you're using a 3.3v adapter? PCI-X slots do not require PCI-X cards be installed in them. The slot may be longer than the edge connector for the pci adapter, but that doesn't matter, as long as the edge connector is keyed properly.

Look at the picture I've attached.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..

Hi. Yes, the Slot is 3.3V and not the card. If I try to insert the card into the slot, the 3,3 key is stopping me. My card is continues there, where the slot has a break