7 REPLIES 7
HPGuruUK
Occasional Advisor

Re: Looking for driver DL380G5 server2012

Use the ProLiant Service Pack - this will install all required drivers

dougn85
Occasional Advisor

I installed this along with all the managment software, I can see my raid drives health in system managament, so everythings working.

I tried both those drivers and with reboots but both did code 10 failed to start.

Any suggestions, server action center keeps dinging scan drive for errors as it cant communicate properly with the scsi hard drives.

RonM440
Visitor

I will be doing same tomorrow on recently purchased "factory refurbished" DL380 G5. Was not happy to find out that the refurbished units do not come with HP warranty, but third party warranty. Now HP won't provide the service pack because when I put in the SN it comes up as out of warranty, so I am unable to get the service pack without a service contract. Not happy about that.

Look forward to hearing how you resolve the driver issues for WS 2012R2.

Thanks!

Update:

I was able to use the WS2008 drivers for an install on a DL320s Storage Server, and it ended up being easier than I thought it would be.   I downloaded all the drivers I thought may be needed (WS2008 versions) and expanded them to subfolders on a USB drive. Then I just installed them in device manager by pointing to the usb drive and selecting include subfolders. Device manager now shows all drivers as loaded and functioning correctly.

dougn85
Occasional Advisor

I did the same, just used the WS2008 r2 drivers, all worked except for I cant find this single device.
2012 R2 works fine withall hardware and the managment software, its not offically supported, but 12 isnt all that much different from 08 in the aspects of hardware compat.

Still looking for the right driver if anyone can help!!!!

RonM440
Visitor

What array controller do you have?  Mine is the P800 and loaded up fine with cp009598 (has both 2003 & 2008 drivers)

Two other potential controllers you may have would use one of the following:

cp010823

cp010978

dougn85
Occasional Advisor

I have the P400 which is already showing up in device manager, but is that different from the SCSI Controller?

dougn85
Occasional Advisor

I downloaded both those CP packs u recommended but theres a ton of different options in them when manually installing, not sure which one.