6545 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Loop failed Error for HP FC1242SR 4Gb PCI-e DC HBA

LJMS
Occasional Contributor

Loop failed Error for HP FC1242SR 4Gb PCI-e DC HBA

Hi

We have 2 Proliant DL 380 G5 servers, which are configured in Windows cluster and connected to HP SAN storage directly. In one of nodes we recently found errors like "Delay write for one of the drives connected to SAN" and some resources failure in cluster when this one becomes Active node. But with the other node everything working fine.

Later through system management we found status for HBA as "Loop Failed". We have 1 HBA card with 2 ports. but for the second port the status is showing as OK. How can we correct this issue.

Also like Powerpath application with EMC which application that we can use to manage HBA from HP?

Thanks in Advance
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
my sugestions:
1) check firmware & drivers for your Qlogic HBA - check http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1809832тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1809831&taskId=135
2) for managing HBA qlogic uses SanSurfer application (or newer QConvergeConsole for CNA)
3) Check your SAN status - and update to newest Fabric OS.
4) As I understand - Powerpath from EMC is multipath software. If you want something like this, you should use HP multipath software (like HP MPIO fo EVA or XP)

Jan
LJMS
Occasional Contributor

Hi San

Thank You. We will update the HBA firmware and driver. Also tell me how can we manage the HP storage works. The Ip assigned to SWs is pingable, but either telnet or http sessions are not working.

Regards
LMS
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, how about SSH? Does that work?

If not, possibly you need to connect with a serial cable to the switch.

Are you connecting this server directly to a disk array or to a SAN-switch?

From your HBA with two ports, does both ports go to the same switch? If so, maybe you can try another port in the switch?

If to another switch, maybe there is a problem with that switch?