5021 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lost Hyper-V admin password for Server 2012 on iLo

bfogliano
Frequent Visitor

Lost Hyper-V admin password for Server 2012 on iLo

Hi All,

I am new to working with the HP iLO platform.  Our old MSP set up our MS Servers on the HP iLO platform and then when they left they destroyed our passwords and now I cannot access my servers.  I have turned off the security and was able to access the iLO web interface, but how can I get to my MS servers?  I need to reboot them and get them to boot to disk to do a password reset.  We are running on Hyper-V as the hypervisor, so what would the process be to reboot the VMs or the base hypervisors so that I can boot them to the recovery disk?  When I access the remote console through the standalone, I can see the iLO boot process but then it goes black and there is nothing on the screen anymore.  If anyone can instruct me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brandon

1 REPLY 1
Shrey27
HPE Pro

Re: Lost Hyper-V admin password for Server 2012 on iLo

Hello,

Greetings for the day.

This is to keep you informed that HPE would not have any records of the Hyper V Admin Passwords as the passwords are something which only the end user would have the access to as set by themselves.

In case you do not have the password and looking forward to reset the same via recovery disk, then please involve the OS vendors for the same.

Regarding accessing ILO on a standalone via remote console and getting a black screen, please confirm what is the firmware version of ILO you are running? Have you tried a reset of ILO via console to see if that addresses the mentioned issue of getting a black screen on ILO?

HPE strongly recommends to take a valid backup of licences (ILO license, etc.) before performing any reset activity

Thanks

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo