1753650 Members
6025 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MISSING FILES

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

MISSING FILES

I have an old prosignia 300 and an old copy of windows 95 and I figure im not using them so why not use them together? the problem is I have some missing files and need to repair or just erase and reload the system files so that I can load the windows version.
ive down loaded various versions of software from the compaq web site but none worked. maybe YOU know where i can get my hands on an original system disk or whatever files i would need in addition to an operating system. i have no original documents or software for the puter but it powers up just fine with no error codes besides "invalid system disk" the serial number indicates that it is a server station running a 90 mhz pentium so im not too excited, but my new pooter is dual processor and runs win 2000 so i have no support for all of my old software. Any clues or help appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: MISSING FILES

Hy there, i know the trouble your in.
i've got the same server running the same os only at 75 mhz so consider yourself a lucky man or in that case a woman.

you need to do the following(if your not sure and you live in holland, send me the drive and i'll do it for you)

download system partition utils, and run from disk 1(exe file makes 4 diskset)
upgrade system partition

pray !

its all there at the compaq site !!!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: MISSING FILES

Download the Compaq system configuration program disks from this web address.
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/7489.html

Download the DOS SCSI drivers from this web address.
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/7599.html

See the readme file on the disk for installation instructions. There is an example of what goes into the config.sys and autoexec.bat files.

Make a bootable DOS disk that has the above SCSI drivers included. You must also install the Microsoft DOS MSCDEX.SYS so that the CD-ROM drive can be accessed from DOS. This program assigns a DOS drive letter to the drive. Put the Windows 95 CD into the CD-ROM drive. Change to the drive letter for the drive and run the Windows 95 setup.exe program from the Windows directory on the CD. Follow the OS installation instructions on the screen.