ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 110 G3 Expand Array

ML 110 G3 Expand Array

Hi There!

I have a client with a ML110 G3 which originally had 2 x 80GB Sata drives which were in a mirror. I replaced those drives today with 2 x 150GB drives and though the system rebuilt them fine, now whilst it shows the drives as 2 x 150gb, the array is still 74GB and I cannot see a way to expand to the full capacity or create a new volume with the spare space. What am I doing wrong? I have Storage Manager 5.01 from the HP Website.

Windows 2003 fully patched
4 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 110 G3 Expand Array

You did nothing wrong. This is the first step on the process and it worked fine. Now you have to expand the existing logical drive or create a new one.
> Storage Manager 5.01
Are you logged in as the administrator (windows) or root (Linux)?

Hi There!

Yes in as administrator to the 2003 Server
The problem comes abouth that there is no expand option anywhere in storage manager.
u84823
Regular Advisor

It may be better to stick with the 2x 80GB and add the 2x 160GB disks as a second mirrored volume.
TTr
Honored Contributor

It is not clear if the embedded SATA has the array capacitiy expansion feature. Most likely it does not. So you may have to create a new logical disk to use the extra space. Within Storage manager, first right-click on the existing device to see if it has the expansion option. Otherwise right click on the controller to create a new logical device.