ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753424 Members
4983 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 115 G5, SBS 2008 Standard, Broadcom NIC losing default gateway after reboots

BetaPsi_
Advisor

ML 115 G5, SBS 2008 Standard, Broadcom NIC losing default gateway after reboots

Hello all!

I have an HP ML 115 G5 server running Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition. I have a Broadcom onboard NIC. I was running the 12.0.0.x version drivers and noticed that after a reboot, the statically assigned network information would lose the default gateway. The static IP, subnet mask and DNS settings would be the same, but there is no default gateway information!

I tried drivers 11.7.0 and that did not help matters. This issue is occurring on a fresh installation of SBS. What is strange is that I had a test installation on this same hardware and this issue never happened until this latest installation.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
u84823
Regular Advisor

Re: ML 115 G5, SBS 2008 Standard, Broadcom NIC losing default gateway after reboots

Could you post the output of route print?
BetaPsi_
Advisor

Just a quick FYI, I used the Windows built in Microsoft Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet driver (date 8/1/2006) version 10.10.0.1. I rebooted and it retained the default gateway. So it appears to be an issue with the HP drivers.

Doubly strange since those drivers worked flawlessly in a previous installation on this hardware. Nothing has been installed on this server that was not installed on the previous installation.

I'll get back with the route print information when I reinstall the HP drivers and do some testing.
BetaPsi_
Advisor

I used the HPSUM utility to find network drivers that were not in a ProLiant bundle. I discovered that version 12.2.0.3 is out. I installed that and now the default gateway no longer disappears after a reboot.

Thanks for giving this your time!