New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 150 G2 Fedora Core 4

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

ML 150 G2 Fedora Core 4

Hi,
I am having issues installing pretty much any Linux o/s on this machine, primarily due to the marvell sata drivers not being supported. I have found this link, http://www.keffective.com/mvsata/ which shows a fairly simple description of how to build your own kernel with the sata drivers installed. However you need a working FC3/4 install to do this, plus lots of time. both of which i do not have. can someone please assist with an idea of when a driver will be released? searching on th e web this driver has been released under GPLv2 since July, and yet noone has thought to bundle a driver for anything but Redhat Enterprise or SUSE. I mean I can't even get the drives to be detected with Mandriva 2006 which is in the supportd o/s matrix.

Thanks for anyone who has any ideas,

Paul
11 REPLIES 11
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

Researching this further, I have found that support for this controller has been built into the latest 2.6.15 kernel, although this has been marked as highly experimental.

just in case any one else was having any wonderings.

Paul
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Paul,

I suggest you to install CentOS 4 - because it's a free clone of RHEL4, it should provides all nesassary drivers for ML150G2, which is certifed for RHEL4.

www.centos.org

Rgds,
vitaly
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

Ok i will have a look at centOS. Thank you for the tip!

However i still just can't seem to fathom why mandriva is listed as a supported O/S and yet I can't get it to work.
Hopefully the driver built into the latest 2.6 kernel will be more stable than it currently is!

Regards
Paul
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

>mandriva is listed as a supported O/S

For some reason I couldn't find Mandrive into HP certification matrix for Proliants.
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

Here is the link:

http://h41087.www4.hp.com/solutions/administrations/hpeduc/linux/produits_mandriva.html

it is in french, but if you scroll down to the bottom there is tick next to mandriva 2006 powerpack and ml150 g2

Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

you're right - Mandriva should work with ML150G2!
May be make sense to contact your HP support for resolving this mystery.
BTW, does this server has RAID controller?
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

Yes it does have raid.
however i currently only have one drive in the array.

Will contact HP support and post back there response.

Paul
david almada_3
Advisor

Hi Vitaly,
I have just installed CentOS 4.2 on my DL 145 G2 but my network is not functioning.
The installaion was just fine, without any problems, and the NIC is recognized by the OS, and is up an running ( ifconfig) But it is not respond to any ping or anything else.

David
Paul Lauria_1
Occasional Advisor

Ok,

I assume that the drivers that are contained on the CD are the Adaptec SATA RAID drivers aar81xx.

Have tried to use CentOS 4.2 x86_64 - drive not detected - then noticed that the drivers on disk were for Red Hat Enterprise 3
so downloaded CentOS 3.6 - still no joy.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now.
Am I doing something wrong?

Paul