1753477 Members
4572 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 150 G3 Reboots every 2 hours

Network Dude
Occasional Contributor

ML 150 G3 Reboots every 2 hours

I was reading around the forum about this issue.

https://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1233590456144+28353475&threadId=1301131

I tried to install the ROM update (burned the .iso to cd and updated manually to server) rebooted and same problem.

I noticed this happened after I set a mirror array on two drives...not the C.

I have watchdog disabled.

..anyone have a resolution to this or tried something that may have resolved issue?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Network Dude
Occasional Contributor

I set the timer to 100 as some suggested.

not this thing reboots approx after 100 minutes expire.

any idea how to turn this thing off completely?

I have watchdog disabled bios..etc.
Network Dude
Occasional Contributor

by "thing" I mean this timer.
Network Dude
Occasional Contributor

I think I resolved this issue.

If you are running microsoft small business server 2003 and DON"T plan on using the server as a DC then you will get this event in the system log

Event ID 1013 then 1014

"This computer must be configured as a domain controller. To prevent this computer from shutting down in the future, run Setup on the disk that you used to install the operating system to configure the computer as a domain controller."

"This computer must be configured as a domain controller. It will be shut down in 60 minutes. To prevent this computer from shutting down, run Setup on the disk that you used to install the operating system to configure the computer as a domain controller.

my server would shutdown at about 100 minutes approx...which made me think it had to be the watchdog timer thing. Still not sure but this fixed the server so far

here is an article I found...easy steps to remove the SBSCore service from the server (if you have no intentions of using the server as a DC....you just want the regular 2003 server services)

very easy....http://p80.blogspot.com/2006/11/removing-small-business-server-domain.html

seems to be working fine...server has been up for 5+ hours as opposed to shutting down after an hour and a half or so.
Network Dude
Occasional Contributor

I think I fixed it.