1752577 Members
4918 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 150 G3 Server Raid Driver problem

faith_4
Occasional Contributor

ML 150 G3 Server Raid Driver problem

when i try to install windows 2003 server on ML 150 G3 server,it asks driver for Sata raid controller (by pressing F6)but it doesn't have any legacy Floppy driver to give the driver but i used USB floppy driver and USB flash memory (formatted as floppy driver)then it takes the driver but it doesn't complete it.
usb floppy is getting disconnected.
what would be the problemmmm????

sajith
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Pelletier_2
Advisor

With the program available at the following link, you can create a new Server 2003 setup disk, with the text-mode driver integrated into the disk.

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

Then, your SATA RAID driver is one of the standard ones this disk loads when it does its setup routine.

This is a free download for personal, non-commercial use. It works well and will have you fixed up in no time.

Just like HP to mess up such a fundamental part of the server setup. I had nothing but problems with my last ML150G3 setup.

Here's a tip for you:

Before you do anything with this server,go into the BIOS / Advanced / IPMI and Disable the two ├в Watchdog├в settings. This is important, as one will spontaneously restart the server while configuring the RAID, and the other will shut the server down (even after booted into Windows) at random times, with no warning and with no errors to help you track down the source of the problem. Although the disabling of ONE of these settings is well-documented at HP, it took me (and a Microsoft Support Tech) almost 4 hours to find this.

Good luck.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

System ROM is Up to date for Server ?
Rob Pelletier_2
Advisor

Believe me, these settings must be made.

This is still an issue, even with a current system ROM. It just takes a second, and can save you from trouble.

I confirmed this with HP support.