1748161 Members
3862 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 150 G5 - embedded storage controller driver to W2008

Jan Stenhoff
Occasional Advisor

ML 150 G5 - embedded storage controller driver to W2008

I can┬┤t find a driver for Windows 2008 to the embedded Storage Controller card. It doesn┬┤t work whith the driver to W2003 which is the only Win driver on HP Support & Drivers downloads.
Help me!
Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

what do you mean that w2003 driver does not work?

W2008 is not detecting HDDs? blue screen? or similar issue?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jan Stenhoff
Occasional Advisor

When I configure bios to use RAID 1 and try to install W2008 the OS can├В┬┤t find any HDD or a compatible driver for the mass storage card. When I try to load the downloaded "2003 driver", during OS installation, it├В┬┤s the same way, not compatible driver with the hardware.

I have also tried to install the "2003 driver" after a OS installation (whithout RAID config), but with the same result - "This software is not supported for installation on this system, The OS is not supported".

// Jan
Thanks for help!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi
is it the same message if you try install drivers manually? using inf file?

"This software is not supported for installation on this system, The OS is not supported".

regards
Jan Stenhoff
Occasional Advisor

almost the same "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation"

/ Jan
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

so big problem with this ML110 G5 (because you already try all the possible options)

that is not the only issue you can see here another one

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1188464

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

hey Jan Stenhoff check this out
I just found something interest that I need to check on a ML110 G5 and also you can check too

I knew that for 300 Series server there is a feature in RBSU called virtual floppy gh.
RBSU-> under Advance options -> Virtual Install Disk

Virtual Install Disk
The virtual install disk is a holding place within the system ROM that contains embedded boot drivers (such as SCSI or RAID controller drivers) that may be necessary to complete the operating system installation. Typically, boot drivers that are placed in the virtual install disk are either not included as part
of the operating system media or are updated for new controllers. Supported operating systems automatically find these drivers, eliminating the need for user intervention. To further optimize the system, HP recommends updating these boot drivers to the latest version after the OS install.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00191707/c00191707.pdf

so the point is according with this ADVISORY
Server 100 Series G5 also have this feature I think of course in BIOS and needs to be enable so server will include drivers for your W2008 without using any driver from W2003

HP ProLiant 100-Series and 300-Series G5 servers (and later) do not encounter this issue because of a BIOS enhancement that allows the Embedded SATA RAID driver to be loaded by a virtual floppy drive.... read more here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01382037тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodTypeId=15351

so I think if you enable that feature in your ML110 G5 (in BIOS) you will have your W2008 installed fine with no drivers needed (from USB for instance)

just to be sure and includes all the driver
update your ML110 G5 to latest System ROM
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3577708&prodNameId=3577715&swEnvOID=4022&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-1e96c03e36164494a67329e7b0

please let us know the results
regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi again
sorry I meant your ML150 G5

regards
Jan Stenhoff
Occasional Advisor

Thats sounds really great but there is not any Bios patch/ROMPaq to download on the download & support site for ML150 G5.

Last week I found one on this site, SP38429, but now this is gone from the site. why ???

I have tested this update but it does not work better so maybe the only thing is to wait for a new bios ROMPaq file.

Thank you very much!

// Jan
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

well to tell the truth

I check 2 100-series G5 and none of them is showing me such a option

DL160 G5
Dl185 G5

not option at all

mm I don't understand these advisories

I'm going to try to update Dl160 G5, there is a new system ROm and let you know

regards