ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748249 Members
3698 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 150 G6 yellow power led

marcobenevento

ML 150 G6 yellow power led

hi, some days our server ProLiant ML 150G6 turns a yellow light on power button and flashes a red light to the left of the light on the NIC 1.
The machine is like spend, if you press the power button the machine starts normally except in a causal off again with the same problem.

which may be the problem? where can I find a tool for diagnostics?

thanks

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 150 G6 yellow power led

Hi, I have some trouble understanding what happens.

So the NIC1 goes red? Or another led? Like external power?
"Machine is like spend" - what does this mean? It's suspended? Shut off?

"starts normally except in a casual off" - what does this mean?

All downloads can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3884324&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884323&taskId=135

You may want to check the manuals for what the leds mean. If possible, swap power supplies / incoming power etc.
marcobenevento

Hi and tanks for your answer, and sorry for my english.

The machine seems to be off

The NIC1 led is green , the System health is red and the System Power is Amber.

If I press the System Power button machine start normally but after a loto of time the problem return.

I found the user guide and I read that the red light of healt system can mean a problem with one of the following things: processor, memory, regulators, thermal event, fans or NMI. How do I figure out which of these things is concerned with the problem?

The server is installed in a data center with an air conditioning system

Many tanks

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, ah.

Yeah if the machine doesn't start then you kind of have to get the machine into a place where you can troubleshoot with it.

If you boot it with the side of the chassi off (so you can see the system board) then you might be able to see some error leds lit on the system board.

Minimal config (take out extra cpu, dimm, pci cards, etc) is also a worth a shot.