3940 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 310 G3 and Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition

querida79
Occasional Contributor

ML 310 G3 and Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition

Good morning,
we're trying to install a licensed copy of Windows 2008 Standard Edition.
We've tried several different way of installion: upgrading from 2003 server, using the Start Smart cd, formatting the disk, installing every drivers needed...
But at the end we always have the same error: bug code usb drive and the blue screen.

We also made a fresh new installation of 2003 server with no problem.

Anyone experienced the same issue before?

For what I know, ML 310 G3 is compatible with Windows 2008 server.

Thanks in advance for any kind of support!

Claudia Camilletti
8 REPLIES 8
Eric Schneider

Re: ML 310 G3 and Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition

I'm having the same exact problem, did you find a resolution to this issue? I've thought about installing 2003 so I can run a BIOS Upgrade, but I haven't done it yet. Please let me know how you resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Eric Schneider
es@titanmicro.com
Colm Tuohy

Yep Same issue. Thought it was to do with the Win Deploy server, but same using the CD.

At very end of install, it throws up a blue screen (did not stay up long enough to read it), then tried to boot into win2008, but puts up dialog "Install Windows" "The Computer restarted unexpectantly, or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK, to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."
Chris Heiner_1

Any word on a fix for the? I am having the exact same problem.

What I have done.

1) Upgraded the BIOS
2) Disabled / Enabled RAID on BIOS
3) Raid 1 and 0
4) Single drive
5) Other types drives
6) 1 GB memory to 8 GB memory
7) 32 bit and 64 bit win 2008
8) running windows 2003 32 bit now - no problem..

HELP!
BMason
Occasional Advisor

I have exactly the same issue. Any resolution out there?

Brett
Colm Tuohy

ML310 G3 don├в t support win2008 by the looks of it http://h20338.www2.hp.com/enterprise/us/en/servers/ws-servers-2008-r2.html
almark
Occasional Advisor

can you put screenshot or BSOD code here?

Did disable / enable AHCI mode?
BMason
Occasional Advisor

It seems strange that there are drivers for Windows 2008 for the ML 310 G3 but you simply can't install windows. I've enabled and disabled the RAID etc as per another user noted above this post. This is very frustrating after reviewing the HP site to see it does have drivers and telling the client it will work. I guess we're up for a new Windows 2003 licenses or new server.
BMason
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I got creative and actually ran up the Windows 2008 install on a brand new ML110G6 and then completed a hardware inependant restore using storagecraft shadow protect onto the ML 310 G3. This has worked a treat. The only problem being you can't use the USB ports or you'll get the BSOD regarding the bug_code_usb. I don't need to so this is an ok solution for this servers purpose.