HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 330 SCSI and IDE Drives

Jason Williams_8
Contributor

ML 330 SCSI and IDE Drives

I have an ML330 Tower with the hot-swap drive cage and Adaptec SCSI card installed. I have the OS (Windows 2k Server) running on the SCSI drives. I want to install a large IDE drive for additional storage, but Windows is not detecting the IDE drive as installed.

Will the SCSI drive and IDE play nice together? Do I need to activate something in the BIOS to get the system to recognize the attached IDE drive?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 330 SCSI and IDE Drives

Howdy,
Which Gen ML330 is it?
IIRC the scsi version of the ML330 has only a basic understanding of IDE because of its firmware & supports cdrom but not big modern IDE disks?
Is there a supported PCI IDE/SATA controller you can throw at it?

HTH
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
Axel Jacobs
Occasional Visitor

Jason,

I think we have almost the same problem. I have a ML350 PIII 600Mhz with array controler 221, poeple helped me understanding the problem. Maybe you could look to my question and the answers.

Proliant ML350 IDE HDD Problem
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=869688
Jason Williams_8
Contributor

I answered my own question. Axel, if you haven't found your solution yet, this should help.

I was playing around in the BIOS, I pressed F10 during boot and went into the system settings. Under PCI Controllers (I think that was the section), there was a PCI IDE controller that was disabled. I enabled it and left the IRQ the default, and left the SCSI controller as my default boot device. When I rebooted, it detected the IDE controller. I had to download and install a driver for it, but it works now.

Thanks.

Jason