ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752691 Members
5529 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 330 Server Internal 20/40GB Tape Drive problem

nemsis-uk1

ML 330 Server Internal 20/40GB Tape Drive problem

Have the above server running W2k server , which had a failure on the Internal DAT drive. Removed the drive and sent off to repair. Got the drive back, installed and restarted the server. Unit is not recognised when the machine is booted. ie SCSI not recognised. Took the unit out and tried on a similar ML370, and it was recognised immidiatley. could it be the SCSI lead that isnt working, or something else?? Can some one please help. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

is it a hot-swap tape drive? if not, replace cable and mobo connector. also, be sure irq and scsi id are correct.
nemsis-uk1

Thanks for the reply... Is there a quick way to see if there is a conflicting scsi ID. I know I havent changed anything on the SCSI settings of the DAT drive, but thats not to say the repair of the unit the SCSI id was changed. I have also tried swapping other dat drives into the server, but still no joy.
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

nemsis- There will be a little push-pin counter on the back to change scsi ids of the tape drive. may have to take carrier off to see it, but chances are wont have to. be sure you set it to something that is not being used. verify in F9 setup that the irq is free. then set tape drive to it.

try a new scsi cable and terminator. be sure you have the right driver installed and you have ran the 7.40B FW cd on your system. here is the link:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24048.html

be certain you can see the drive in "device manager" and there are no conflicts.
--Andy