1752793 Members
5871 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 (G1)

loon82

ML 350 (G1)

Hello,

On my Ml350 (1 ghz, is that the G1?) a have one SCSI harddisk, that is also the bootdisk (Linux,Debian), now i will add a second harddisk (IDE) but when the server starts he will boot from the IDE disk, in the BIOS i set the SCSI as the prefered one, but still he will boot from the IDE disk. The BIOS version is 11/15/2002 and there is not an update available.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Leon
8 REPLIES 8
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Update it to latest bios firmware below is link :
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18329.html

Hope it should work

Cheere :)
loon82

Hi,

Thanks for your reaction.

I already tryed that update, but he gives the same version date (11/15/2002) as the current one.

Do i something wrong?

Thanks!
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Probabaly bios flash was not complete or it did get update try and reflash it and check

:)
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Buddy whats happening
loon82

Sorry but i don't know what to do. I also tryed the Firmware Maintenance CD, but he gives the same message, that there is no update avaliable.

loon82

Here some information of the server:

System : ProLiant ML350
ROM version : D04/F04 System ROM 11/15/2002
iLo present : No

There's only an update for the D02 and not for the D04.

Maybe i have to update something else?
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hey Leon,

Buddy any luck and sorry bios firmware thats on the server its already the most current for D04 no need to update it but i will suggest to clear CMOS download the maintainence guide from

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=327479

Go to Service and maintenance information > ProLiant ML350 Maintenance and Service Guide > go to page 137 of 164.

Before trying this dissconnect all drives and remember the slots from where ur dissconnecting them then turn on cmos switch turn on the server wait for 20 seconds turn off the server turn off the cmos switch to off to where it was and then turn on the server then again set the boot order in bios and it should help.

Cheers :)
loon82

Hi,

Thanks for you answer but it doesn't work! Hey still will boot from the IDE disk.

This is what i did:

-Turned off the pc
-Disconnect the SCSI en IDE cable
-Turned on the CMOS switch
-After the sound and the message that the CMOS was cleared i turned the pc of
-Turned off the CMOS switch
-Reconnect the SCSI en IDE cable
-Turned on the pc
-Set the system date and boot order

Maybe i have to make a bootable floppydisk, and tell the floppydisk to use the SCSI disk at bootdisk.