ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752800 Members
5636 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 350 G2 Redundant Power Supplies

Larry Anderson_2

ML 350 G2 Redundant Power Supplies

For several years my company has run a pair of ML350s with just one power supply. Last year when we had a power supply failure we decided to install redundant supplies into both systems. Since installing two supplies into these servers we have had a power supply failure every 3 to 6 months. Only once was the failure in the 90-day warranty period covered by the HP Parts Store. Is anyone aware of a problem with the redundancy circuit in the ML 350? It is getting expensive replacing Power Supplies every 6 months. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
StevenHoldsworth

Re: ML 350 G2 Redundant Power Supplies

I am not aware of any problems with the redundancy circuit but what i would suggest is getting a UPS and a surge protector pulg your ups into the surge protector then the protector to the wall socked and finally your servers off your ups this way any failure or spike will never get to the servers ups

Hope that helps
Steve
Live for today as tomorrow never comes.
Larry Anderson_2

Re: ML 350 G2 Redundant Power Supplies

We have UPS and surge protection on all of our Servers and the failures have occured at time when it was unlikely that there was Power problems, ie nights aond weekends when the office is empty. We have several other servers with redundant supplies, ML 370 and DL 380s, connected to the same UPSs and they have not had problems. Between my to ML350 servers I have had six failures in just over one year.