1753734 Members
4621 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 G3 : Hard drive unresponsive + goes dead+ needs restart

Najeeb D Syed

ML 350 G3 : Hard drive unresponsive + goes dead+ needs restart

Hello All,
I have a ML 350 G3 server running windows 2k3 R2 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2. I also have a VM running on there as well.

There is a 72 GB hard drive which is split up into a C drive and Data D drive. Ever since we installed windows 2k3 sp2 on it, the hardrive becomes un-responsive after an indiscriminent amount of thime. There is no RAID controller on the server. It has been upgraded with the latest Firmware loaded on it. Any ideas would help. Thank you all in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it can be a hardware error, but just in case you can update the MS storport driver which causes such problems:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941276

if you are not sure if the hang up is caused by the HDD you can make a HW test with the Smartstart CD-> Maintain Server ->Diagnose Server -> Test... but my advice is to update the storport first

Pac
Najeeb D Syed

Thanks for that insight Pac. I ran the Smart CD and ran the diagnostics. The server passed all of the tests. I went to the MS KB article you recommended and requested the patch from Microsoft. I hope this will resolve my issue. Thank you very much. I'll post an update once I get that patch.