Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 350 G3 SA 641 BBWC install

SOLVED
Go to solution
Coty Allen
Occasional Contributor

ML 350 G3 SA 641 BBWC install

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to backup the Raid Configuration prior to installing the BBWC module to a 641. I can't take the small chance that installing the BBWC causes the device to loose it's configuration settings.

Any suggestions would be helpfull

Thanx

Coty
2 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML 350 G3 SA 641 BBWC install

hi

don't worry just turn off the server and install the the BBWC the RAID configuration Level is stored on the HDDs RIS tables which stored the RAID level.

so for example if you move some HDD with any RAId level configured to another compatible Array controller the RAID level is going to be there

jus turn off the server install the cache and turn on

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 350 G3 SA 641 BBWC install

hi

BBWC if for data protection and I/O performance
so dont worry about RAID LEVEL

"
This new tool help protect customers against data loss during server power supply or RAID controller failure for about 72 hours.

If you need to improve disk I/O performance for a server system, consider adding a battery-backed write cache (BBWC). Here's an illustrated look at how you can add a BBWC module to gain an easy, affordable performance boost.

Server consolidation, multimedia-heavy applications, real-time applications, and larger storage requirements can place a measurable disk I/O strain on server systems. One way to ease this burden is to add a battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module."

also check this article
http://urlao.com/bbwc

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!