1752754 Members
4906 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 G3 and Smart Array 642

Idris Whittingham-Jones
Occasional Advisor

Can someone who knows for a fact, ie. has used a 641 with smartstart 6.3, please confirm that it does indeed support it.

I have had conflicting reports, from HP support as well, that this card is supported completely.

I suggest the best way at the moment to use this card is to perform a manual install (as I have previously mentioned on this forum) and select to install a 3rd party raid controller in Windows setup and install the driver required on a floppy.

Idris
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I have personally done an assisted install on an ML570 G2 w/ Win2000, using Smart Start 6.3 and a 642 controller. It does work fine and didn't have any problems. I've also run ADU on this configuration and it worked fine as well.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Joe_209

I just tried using SmartStart 6.30 to install NetWare on a ML370 G3 with a 431 array controller. SmartStart does NOT detect the controller. My boot order is set properly I've done these before. I had to install NetWare without SmartStart.

Even the documentation for installing the RAID controller driver for NetWare is wrong.

Come on HP.
Francesco_60

I m having the same problem with the same machines:
ML 350 G3 and smart array 641 controller, I m using the smart start 7.10 version!!!
I have followed all your instruction and the problem percist... could you help me.

Grazie

F.